Friday 8 February 2013

The Mage in Black by Jaye Wells

“Wait,” he said, pulling me to a stop when I tried to march off toward my destiny. “Is there something you want to tell me?” I looked at him, trying to think of anything I’d done recently that I needed to admit to. When nothing came to mind other than the usual, I shook my head. “Not really. Why?” He reached out and touched my leather jacket. “Is that a bullet hole?” Freaking great.” 

The second book in the Sabina Kane series, after Sabina was betrayed by her Grandmother, she left LA and headed to New York to meet her sister, who has been bought up by the mages.

I love this series, its entertaining and funny, Sabina may not be your typical heroine, she is stubborn and has one hell of an attitude problem but I think that's what makes me like her even more. 

Its packed full of action, laugh out load moments but not a whole lot of romance. It was nice to see Sabina get to know her sister a little bit more and towards the end even her hard vampire exterior was softening and her relationship with her mage mentor was fun, Rhea definitely doesn't go easy on her, Sabina has a lot to catch up on and a destiny to fulfil and not a lot of time to do it.

Adam isn't in this book too much and so we don't get to see their relationship deepen but I liked this, I think it allowed Sabina's character to develop, which she needed to do, she had a massive bomb dropped on her in the last book and we needed to see her deal with that.

It ended on a cliffhanger and I can't wait to start the next one. If you like your heroines strong and feisty  than this series is definitely for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment